Recently we’ve been very actively juicing and have tried a couple really great recipes which I’ve included below (all recipes courtesy of “Clean Green Drinks” by Candace Kuman). I’ve ranked in order of my favorites:
1. The Juicy Watermelon – Watermelon (4 cups), baby spinach (1 cup), kale (1 cup), large cucumber. This is an extremely refreshing drink and we enjoyed after a muckfest training this past weekend and it really hit the spot. Perfect for summer!
2. The Cucumber Cleanser – 1 Fuji Apple, 2 cups kale, 1 large cucumber. This is again a very refreshing drink and the apple gives it a nice sweetness
3. The Cucumber Honeydew Melon – 1 medium cucumber, 2 cups kale, 1.5 cups honeydew. I double the amount of honeydew in the recipe to give it more sweetness and tonight added some lemon which was a nice twist
4. The super beet and kale cleanser – we deviated from the original recipe of beets, kale, and cucumber and added some grapes to this one but I thought the cucumber adds a different taste with beets.
5. The Beetroot Blend – 1 large beet, 4 cups spinach, 1/2 fuji apple. I am slowly but surely warming up to beet juices and think the apple helps give this one a little sweetness. Not my favorite but would definitely make it again
6. The sour apple – 1/2-3/4 head romaine, 3 cups spinach, 1/2 apple, 1 tsp ginger, 1 tbs lemon juice. This has been my least favorite but believe we added way too much ginger so I would try again with about half the ginger we originally added (was definitely more than the 1tsp the recipe called for)
We have only explored one chapter of her book so much more to come on juicing!